What are the benefits of a High Rate Saver account?
We are proud to offer a wide range of rewards and features to our High Rate Saver accounts with:
- A linked High Rate Checking account, with automatic transfers of your interest-related earnings
- Special interest rates offered if qualifications are met*
- Your existing High Rate Checking qualification automatically makes you eligible for the best High Rate Saver rate
- $10,000 minimum daily balance requirement
- $10 fee will apply if not met
- No minimum deposit to open
- 6 transfers per month**, with unlimited in-person withdrawals
- Free online and mobile banking
- Telephone banking available at 1-855-696-1372
- Free access to surcharge-free ATMs***
* Earn 2.00% APY on up to $25,000, 0.50% APY thereafter. If qualifications are not met, the total balance will earn a default rate of 0.05% APY.
** You may make six (6) transfers from your account each four (4) week or similar period, if by pre-authorized or automatic transfer, or telephone (including data transmission) agreement, order or instruction or by check, draft, debit card or similar order (including POS transactions), made by the depositor and payable to third parties. Transfers and withdrawals made in person, by messenger, by mail or at an ATM are unlimited.
***Bank of Akron Visa debit card allows access to surcharge-free ATMs In Western New York via Bank of Akron, M&T, and Evans Bank, as well as the nationwide MoneyPass network.
Your existing High Rate Checking qualification automatically makes you eligible for the highest High Rate Saver rate. Enrollments must be in place and all of the following transactions and activities must post and settle into your High Rate Checking account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- At least 12 debit card purchases
- Agree to receive e-statements
- Be enrolled and logged in to online banking (must be done by primary account holder)
If for some reason you don’t qualify during one cycle, there’s no need to worry. Your account is still free, and you can get back on track to earning your full rewards the following month.
Bank of Akron’s Personal Savings Promise
We are a team of field experts and financial analysts – we are also family members and individuals like you. That’s why we create products that meet the needs of real people, so you can trust us to keep your financial future safe while you keep your sights on what matters most. It’s just another way we guarantee personal, attentive service at each turn, with decisions made on your behalf remaining faster and more personal than ever.