Earn up to 2.00% APY* with our new checking account that helps your money grow.
With our High Rate Checking account, your money can keep growing by up to 2.00% APY* during each monthly qualification cycle for balances up to $15,000. And, your qualification also automatically makes you eligible for the best High Rate Saver rate, which keeps maximizing your rewards.
How does the High Rate Checking account work for your money and situation?
We are proud to offer a wide range of rewards and features to our High Rate accounts with:
- 2.00% APY* on balances up to $15,000
- 0.50% APY* on all remaining balances over the first $15,000
- An auto qualification for the first month of account opening, with 0.01% APY* if qualifications aren’t met thereafter
- Automatic linking to a High Rate Saver account to build savings (optional)
- Refunds on ATM withdrawal fees nationwide (up to $5 per transaction, $15 per cycle)
- No minimum balance to earn rewards, no monthly maintenance fees and no minimum deposit to open
- Non-Sufficient Funds fees may apply
- Unlimited check writing with free initial package of checks gifted at account opening
- Free online banking and bill pay
- Free Visa® debit card with access to surcharge-free ATMs
- That’s all there is to it! And if for some reason you don’t qualify one month, there’s no need to worry. Your account is still free, you‘ll still earn and you can get right back to earning your full rewards the very next month.
With High Rate Checking, you’ll also have access to our suite of supporting accounts:
* Annual Percentage Yield (APY) effective as of April1, 2019. APY subject to change.
** If account is in good standing for the first 90 days, Good Neighbor Overdraft may be offered.
*** Ready Reserve Overdraft protection is based on credit worthiness and a credit application must be submitted and approved by the underwriter.
How do you qualify?
Enrollments must be in place and all of the following transactions and activities must post and settle into your High Rate Checking account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- At least 12 debit card purchases
- Agree to receive e-statements
- Be enrolled and logged in to online banking (must be done by primary account holder)
If for some reason you don’t qualify during one cycle, there’s no need to worry. Your account is still free, and you can get back on track to earning your full rewards the following month.
Bank of Akron’s Personal Checking Promise
We are a team of field experts and financial analysts – we are also family members and individuals like you. That’s why we create products that meet the needs of real people, so you can trust us to keep your financial future safe while you keep your sights on what matters most. It’s just another way we guarantee personal, attentive service at each turn, with decisions made on your behalf remaining faster and more personal than ever.