Why pay for the frills? Basic Checking gives you everything you need — all for a low $3 monthly fee.
- Straightforward checking for low transaction volumes
- Some account opening restrictions apply1
- Low $3 Monthly Maintenance Fee
- No minimum balance requirements
- First 8 debit transactions are free; 20¢ per debit thereafter2
- For account holders age 65 or older, first 12 debit transactions are free; 20¢ per debit thereafter2
- Free package of checks at account opening
- Good Neighbor Overdraft available3
- Ready Reserve Overdraft protection available4
- Free online banking & bill pay
- Free monthly statement with check images
- Free e-statements
- Free mobile banking with mobile deposit
- Free Visa® debit card
- No minimum deposit to open
If not satisfied with the services this banking institution provides, please call New York State Department of Financial Services toll-free at (800) 342-3736 to file a complaint.
1Restrictions for account opening:
- Must be a resident of New York State
- May not have any other transaction account with Bank of Akron
- Must use direct deposit, if it is available to the customer, for any recurring payments to the account (i.e., Social Security, pension, payroll)
2Debit transactions include: checks, over the counter withdrawals, ATM/POS withdrawals, ACH debits, outgoing wire transfers, account to account transfers and bill pay transactions.
3If account is in good standing for the first 90 days, Good Neighbor Overdraft may be offered.
4Ready Reserve Overdraft protection is based on credit worthiness and a credit application must be submitted and approved by the underwriter.